KINGSPAN Access Floors – GREEN TO THE CORE!
Kingspan Access Floors are proud to
announce that they have been awarded with FSC accreditation
(Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody.
Kingspan access floors are the world’s only access flooring manufacturer that have adopted this standard and have received third party accreditation.
FSC is a stakeholder owned system for promoting responsible management of the world’s forests and through consultative processes its sets international standards responsible forest management.
It can provide additional benefits, including:
• International recognition that the forest management does not put the forest’s natural heritage at risk and that the management activities are appropriate
• The opportunity for interaction and cooperation among various players involved in responsible forest management – forest owners, social and environmental organisations – to solve the problems that forests face
• The assurance for future generations that they enjoy the benefits of the forest
• The assurance that forest management practices are responsible and will be further improved.
• The assurance that ownership rights are respected
• The assurance that wood harvesting is legal
• The assurance that the rights of workers and indigenous communities are respected
• The assurance that areas of natural wealth and endangered wildlife habitat are not being negatively affected
When Kingspan first approached FSC to request whether their systems & processes were appropriate for third party accreditation they already followed strict internal standards. It was of the opinion that a considerable amount of additional controls may have been required before Kingspan Access Floors could expect to be “approved”.
Kingspan Access Floors are delighted to say that SGS (the governing body to carry out the third party accreditation) were very pleased with the systems already in place at Kingspan, therefore making the process quite straightforward.
Going forward Kingspan will be identifying the exact volume of FSC approved materials on all delivery notes and invoices.
KINGSPAN BELIEVE THAT THIS DRAMATIC STEP FORWARD WILL ALLOW CONSUMERS WORLDWIDE TO RECOGNISE KINGSPAN’S PRODUCTS AS ONES THAT SUPPORT THE GROWTH OF RESPONSIBLE FOREST MANAGEMENT.